New SCC, SCP and SCT logos
The existing 20 year old SCC, SCP and SCT logos have been replaced by new logos.
From old to new
The old logos are being discontinued. Users of the old logos must replace them with the new logos by no later than the end of the useful life of the relevant medium/communication. When, for example, your stationery features the old SCC logo your next order of stationery should feature the new logo. You may self-evidently, make an earlier switch to the new logo. The old logos remain valid until 2028. However, their use is no longer supported.
Why new logos?
The SSVV, the owner of the SCC system, has a new house style. By using the same style for the SSVV and SCC/SCP/SCT, it becomes clear that owner and system are related. The V (the 'checkmark') of the new SSVV logo is placed at the end of the abbreviations of the three checklists, in order to show that SCC, SCP and SCT are being 'powered by the SSVV'.
Who may use these logos, and for what purpose?
The SCC, SCP and SCT trademarks and the associated logos are registered with the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BOIP). The use of these logos is restricted. Use is governed by the following rules:
- Certified companies may use the logo for promotional purposes, to inform (potential) principals and other business contacts that they have been awarded SCC, SCP or SCT certification.
- Recognized training institutions may use the logo for promotional purposes, to inform (potential) course participants and other business contacts that they offer training recognized by the SSVV. They may also include the logo on their diplomas and certificates.
- Recognized examination centres may use the logo for promotional purposes, to inform (potential) candidates and other business contacts that they offer examinations recognized by the SSVV. They may also include the logo on their diplomas.
- Recognized certification bodies may use the logo for promotional purposes, to inform (potential) principals and other business contacts that they offer certification recognized by the SSVV. They may also include the logo on their certificates.
- Use of the logo is mandatory for international sister organizations which have concluded a collaboration agreement with the SSVV and have adopted the SCC system on a 1-to-1 basis. Other international sister organizations may not use the logo.
- Others may use the logo solely for non-commercial purposes. Exceptions to these rules are permitted solely with prior written approval from the SSVV.
How must the logos be used?
The logos may be scaled as appropriate, but may not be changed in any other manner (for example, to bring the logo in line with the organization's house style). Transparent variants are available for use on dark backgrounds.
Where can I find the new logos?
The new logos can be found here. For every checklist (SCC, SCP, SCT) a free logo set is available, containing the logo in the following file formats:
- .AI (Adobe Illustrator).
- .EPS (Encapsulated PostScript).
- .PNG (Portable Network Graphics).
Share this page