- Recognised certification bodies must comply with the protocol of the Dutch Accreditation Council with regard to exceptional events and circumstances. Based on this, they determine to what extent and in what form audits may continue, and how to deal with the validity of SCC, SCP and SCT certificates that expire (or have expired) after 12 March 2020 (the day the Dutch government took the first restricting measures against the Coronavirus).
Dispensation for diplomas and certificates from the Central Diploma Register
- Diploma holders whose diploma expires between 13 March and 1 July 2020 will receive dispensation, for the time being until 1 September 2020. During this time period, diploma holders can continue working with their expired diplomas.
- Employees at SCC-certified companies who are required to obtain their SCC diploma within three months of commencement of employment, and did not have the opportunity to take an exam because of the Coronavirus, will receive dispensation until 1 July 2020. However, they must be supervised in this work by an experienced colleague (with at least an SOS-SCC diploma) until they are able to take and pass the exam.
- People who do not fall under the groups mentioned under 1) and 2) are not covered by this dispensation arrangement.
- There are now sufficient opportunities to take exams again. To prevent a sudden influx of examination applications, we ask that exams are scheduled well in advance.
The above applies to all diplomas and certificates in the Central Diploma Register: B-SCC, SOS-SCC, SIS-SCT, STG-petrochemistry and STG scaffolding construction. The CDR shows the following statement for diplomas that have expired between 13 March and 1 July: “This diploma is subject to dispensation by the SSVV due to the Coronavirus. This means that the diploma holder may temporarily continue working with an expired diploma.”
Explanation of our decision to limit the dispensation arrangement
On 4 June, we decided to limit our dispensation arrangement for diplomas and certificates from the Central Diploma Register to diploma holders whose diplomas expire between 13 March and 1 July 2020. This means the following:
- If your diploma expires between 13 March and 1 July 2020, you must take exam again before 1 September 2020. We recommend planning your exam on time and we kindly ask you not to wait until the last minute.
- If your diploma expires between 1 July and 1 September 2020, you have to take exam again before the expiry date. You cannot wait until 1 September with this.
We have made this decision to spread the influx of exam candidates as much as possible over time. The recognised examination centers operate at approximately 20 to 40 percent of their regular capacity due to the Corona measures. We want to prevent a peak influx towards 1 September that they cannot process properly. This is of course also in the interest of the candidates themselves.