The trademarks SCC, SCP and SCT and the accompanying logos are registered at the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BIOP). This means that not everyone is automatically allowed to use the logos. The following rules apply:
- Certified companies may use the logo for promotional purposes, to show (potential) clients and business contacts that they are SCC-, SCP- or SCT-certified.
- Approved trainers may use the logo for promotional purposes, to show (potential) course participants and business contacts that they offer training recognised by the SSVV. They may also use the logo on the diplomas and testimonials they issue.
- Accredited examination centres may use the logo for promotional purposes, to show (potential) candidates and business contacts that they offer examinations recognised by the SSVV. They may also use the logo on the diplomas they issue.
- Accredited certification bodies may use the logo for promotional purposes, to show (potential) clients and business contacts that they offer certification recognised by the SSVV. They may also use the logo on the certificates they issue.
- International organisations with which the SSVV has a cooperation agreement and which use the SCC scheme 1-on-1 must use the logo. International organisations for which this is not the case are not allowed to use the logo.
- Others may only use the logo for non-commercial purposes. Exceptions to this rule are only possible with the written permission of the SSVV.
- In the event of unlawful use of our logo, i.e. all other ways than described above, we will take legal action to protect the use of our logo.
The existing SCC, SCP and SCT logos have been replaced by new logos. Users of the old logos must replace them with the new logos, at the latest at the end of the economic life of a product/communication. For example, if you have the old SCC logo on your stationery, you can change to the new logo when you are ready for new stationery. Of course you can also do this sooner. The old logos remain valid until 2028, but their use is no longer supported.
Do you have any questions about the transition from the old to the new situation? Please contact us.
The old SCC-logo (Dutch version)